St Agnes Church Freshwater, Isle of Wight, England
About This Image
St Agnes Church, Freshwater Bay, Isle of Wight, is a parish church in the Church of England. The church dates from 1908 and is by the architect Isaac Jones.
Alfred Lord Tennyson's son donated land for a new church in Freshwater Bay. Hallam's wife Audrey suggested that the church be named St Agnes.
The church was consecrated on August 12th 1908.
It is the only thatched church on the Isle of Wight and one of a handful throughout England.
Add A Comment About This Image