About This Image
The temple in the name of Saints Petr & Pavel. was based in 1909-1911 on the Muhin`s hillock Weight of the Large bell was102 poods. In 1920-1930 ( many Tomsky temples were closed) the Abbacy father-superior, rescueing Tomsky church`s values, has transformed a cathedral into original storehouse of the ancient books, icons, salaries, church utensils, pictures, of sacred vessels etc. When in 1937 the cathedral was closed, all these things has disappeared, as well as keeper. A warehouse of a grain was there. :(( The cathedral has iconostas in style borokko. The cathedral was anew consecrated in 1945. At survey of a temple on the cathedral`s bellfry was found the sole escaped icon of a Sign God`s Mother, which became the icon - patroness of the cathedral. This cathedral have other wonder-working icons. For example icon of Nicolay Ugodnik, on a legend, when in a cathedral was the fire, it has stopped near from the icon. And Petr`s & Pavel`s relics are especially esteemed. Such history.
Add A Comment About This Image