About This Image
Another view/section of one of the church's towers.
Calvary United Methodist Church on the North Side was built in 1890 by the residents of Millionaires Row, making it one of the most prosperous congregations in the city. An elaborate Gothic structure with two unmatched spires, elaborate hand-carved stone decoration, it has what may be Pittsburgh's best set of gargoyles. It has three large stained glass windows considered among the finest religious stained glass Tiffany's ever produced. The sanctuary seats 800 but only 20-25 diverse people attend on Sundays. They are working with the Allegheny Historic Preservation Society to try to help restore and maintain the structure.
Add A Comment About This Image